cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardlima Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Counting with restriction

I have a base with documents that have multiple occurrences that are listed line by line, as shown in the table below:

Document Occurrence

12345 left over

12345 missing

23456 (another occurrence)

I need to count, and bring, which are the documents that have a certain occurrence and do not have the other. For example: A document that has a leftover occurrence must also have a missing document, but this does not always occur (by mistake). I need to detect which documents have been released the leftover occurrence, but the missing one has not yet.

What kind of counting would I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Counting with restriction

@richardlima  Please try this as a New Column to flag the missing occurrences of the documents.

Flag = 
VAR _Count= CALCULATE(COUNT(Test223Lkp[Occurrence]),FILTER(Test223Lkp,Test223Lkp[Document]=EARLIER(Test223Lkp[Document]) && Test223Lkp[Occurrence] <> EARLIER(Test223Lkp[Occurrence])))
RETURN IF(_Count>0,"Y","N")

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution !

Proud to be a Datanaut !

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Counting with restriction

@richardlima  Please try this as a New Column to flag the missing occurrences of the documents.

Flag = 
VAR _Count= CALCULATE(COUNT(Test223Lkp[Occurrence]),FILTER(Test223Lkp,Test223Lkp[Document]=EARLIER(Test223Lkp[Document]) && Test223Lkp[Occurrence] <> EARLIER(Test223Lkp[Occurrence])))
RETURN IF(_Count>0,"Y","N")

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution !

Proud to be a Datanaut !