cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
khalilliraqui Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Counting using related tables

I have three tables related to each others (two tables many-to-many) : lets take this as an example 

A person has many resources

power bi.png

I wanted to count for example : for every resource the number of people who has this resource, with a special condition on person for example firstname starts with "j".

I try many functions like filter or others but theese function only filter into the same table.

how can i use join on couting ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Counting using related tables

Hi khalilliraqui,

According to your description, you want to get the count of resource owner persons which first name start with “j”?

If as I said, you can follow below steps):

1.  Create sample table, ‘Person’, ’Personal Source’ , ‘Resource Type’.

‘Person’:

Capture.PNG

’Personal Source’:

Capture2.PNG

‘Resource Type’:

Capture3.PNG

1. Write the Dax formula of requirement:

Recoure Count of Person Start with 'j' = DISTINCT( SELECTCOLUMNS('Personal Source',"Resource Type",RELATED('Resource Type'[Name]),"Count",COUNTX(FILTER('Personal Source','Personal Source'[Resource Type ID]=EARLIER('Personal Source'[Resource Type ID])&& LEFT(RELATED(Person[First Name]))="j"),'Personal Source'[Person ID])))

Capture4.PNG

Reference:

LEFT Function (DAX)

RELATED Function (DAX)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Counting using related tables

Hi khalilliraqui,

According to your description, you want to get the count of resource owner persons which first name start with “j”?

If as I said, you can follow below steps):

1.  Create sample table, ‘Person’, ’Personal Source’ , ‘Resource Type’.

‘Person’:

Capture.PNG

’Personal Source’:

Capture2.PNG

‘Resource Type’:

Capture3.PNG

1. Write the Dax formula of requirement:

Recoure Count of Person Start with 'j' = DISTINCT( SELECTCOLUMNS('Personal Source',"Resource Type",RELATED('Resource Type'[Name]),"Count",COUNTX(FILTER('Personal Source','Personal Source'[Resource Type ID]=EARLIER('Personal Source'[Resource Type ID])&& LEFT(RELATED(Person[First Name]))="j"),'Personal Source'[Person ID])))

Capture4.PNG

Reference:

LEFT Function (DAX)

RELATED Function (DAX)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |