Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Counting the sequence as a calculated column in DAX

Hi there!

I'm pretty new here.

I'm trying to generate a series by using a calculated column based on job activity. Here's an example:

Job Activity Calculated column
A1
A1
A1
A1
B1
B1
B1
A2
A2
B2
B2
B2
C1
C1
C1

All activities occurs based on time and date. I want to group them based on earliest of occurence by date. Later, using this, I'll be having further calculated columns.

Thanks in advance and much appreciated!

Regards.

S

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I saw your sample table. Is it the result you want? As long as it appears coherently, is it in the same group?

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-eachen-msft 

Yes, The Calculated column shown in the table is the result I want.

Not the coherence! I want to assign all the group of A's that appear the first time as 1 and the second group of A's as 2. Similarly with B's or C's. If the group appears for the first time, then assign it 1. If it's the second time in the list, assign it 2 and so on.

Hope I cleared the confusion. Please get back in case of further questions. Your help is much appreciated!

Thank You.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.