Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Counting same event with two dates using same Dim Date and USERELATIONSHIP

Hello,

I need to retrive the number of Due events for month/year, retrieve also the number of events done on the same month/year. 

In my dataset I have two tables

1) Maintenance_Jobs_Archive

2) Dim_Date

Maintenance_Jobs_Archive have two relationships with Dim_date:

1) Active [Due Date]

2) Inactive [Done Date]

dataDim.png

I'm Creating two measures using "Userelationship"

1)# Done Jobs (Archive) = CALCULATE(COUNT(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Job ID]), USERELATIONSHIP(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Done Date], 'T_BASS_DIM_DATE (Jobs)'[Date]),FILTER(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE,VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Maintenance Type]="Scheduled Maintenance"))

2)
# Due Jobs (Archive) = CALCULATE(COUNT(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Job ID]), USERELATIONSHIP(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Due Date], 'T_BASS_DIM_DATE (Jobs)'[Date]),FILTER(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE,VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Maintenance Type]="Scheduled Maintenance"))

When I had the two measures in to a Matrix visualization, the result is not the expected for the Inactive Relationship. In the Done Date measure just return the count were the Jobs were Due and Done on the same date.

dataDim2.png

the due jobs count it's correct show the done jobs are just counting the number of due date is the same as done date

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let you know that did find the issue.

The solution is not using the "Filter" function from the measure. 

# Done Jobs (Archive) = CALCULATE(COUNT(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Job ID]), USERELATIONSHIP(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Done Date], 'T_BASS_DIM_DATE (Jobs)'[Date]))

# Due Jobs (Archive) = CALCULATE(COUNT(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Job ID]), USERELATIONSHIP(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Due Date], 'T_BASS_DIM_DATE (Jobs)'[Date]))

So if  you use USERELATIONSHIP, dont user "Filter"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let you know that did find the issue.

The solution is not using the "Filter" function from the measure. 

# Done Jobs (Archive) = CALCULATE(COUNT(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Job ID]), USERELATIONSHIP(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Done Date], 'T_BASS_DIM_DATE (Jobs)'[Date]))

# Due Jobs (Archive) = CALCULATE(COUNT(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Job ID]), USERELATIONSHIP(VW_MAINTENANCE_JOBS_ARCHIVE[Due Date], 'T_BASS_DIM_DATE (Jobs)'[Date]))

So if  you use USERELATIONSHIP, dont user "Filter"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors