Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tcurtis
Helper I
Helper I

Counting of Primary codes with Secondary codes displayed/heirarchy

I have a unique situation that requires counting or heiarachy, I am not quite sure which.

My dataset has Primary cause codes with corresponding secondary cause codes. For instance:

Contamination may have different types of contamination, oil, water, dirt, etc.

So my visual would be a chart that shows the top four primary codes and their counts. The next page would have 4 visuals, one for each primary code with the secondary codes counts. First chart would be the top 1 Primary code with the corresonding secondary codes, then the second and so on.

I can do this using the filters but it would be nice if it was automated due to the fact my dataset changes over time. I have 10 years would of data and everyone wants to be able to change the date slicer to see the data from different time periods. 

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Tcurtis any sample data you can share?

Its easy to understand the problem and think for a solution with some sample data and expected outcome.

Cheers,

-Namish B

View solution in original post

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Tcurtis 

According to your description, I think you want to display data on two levels in your visual objects. However, I can't get what's your expected output.

I recommend you to post some sample data(without sensitive data) and your expected result(like pictures or charts).

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Tcurtis 

According to your description, I think you want to display data on two levels in your visual objects. However, I can't get what's your expected output.

I recommend you to post some sample data(without sensitive data) and your expected result(like pictures or charts).

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Tcurtis any sample data you can share?

Its easy to understand the problem and think for a solution with some sample data and expected outcome.

Cheers,

-Namish B

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.