cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Counting of Primary codes with Secondary codes displayed/heirarchy

I have a unique situation that requires counting or heiarachy, I am not quite sure which.

My dataset has Primary cause codes with corresponding secondary cause codes. For instance:

Contamination may have different types of contamination, oil, water, dirt, etc.

So my visual would be a chart that shows the top four primary codes and their counts. The next page would have 4 visuals, one for each primary code with the secondary codes counts. First chart would be the top 1 Primary code with the corresonding secondary codes, then the second and so on.

I can do this using the filters but it would be nice if it was automated due to the fact my dataset changes over time. I have 10 years would of data and everyone wants to be able to change the date slicer to see the data from different time periods. 

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Tcurtis any sample data you can share?

Its easy to understand the problem and think for a solution with some sample data and expected outcome.

Cheers,

-Namish B

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Tcurtis 

According to your description, I think you want to display data on two levels in your visual objects. However, I can't get what's your expected output.

I recommend you to post some sample data(without sensitive data) and your expected result(like pictures or charts).

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Tcurtis any sample data you can share?

Its easy to understand the problem and think for a solution with some sample data and expected outcome.

Cheers,

-Namish B

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Tcurtis 

According to your description, I think you want to display data on two levels in your visual objects. However, I can't get what's your expected output.

I recommend you to post some sample data(without sensitive data) and your expected result(like pictures or charts).

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors