Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alevandenes
Helper IV
Helper IV

Counting occurrences and alerts

Hi, I have a table where i am counting the number of times a particular combination of conditions apply.

you can see in example below for example that 5 times it occurred that Use as is disposition was used for plant 1000.

alevandenes_0-1624535082746.png

Now i need to set up an alert in powerbi service that tells me when an occurrence takes place again.

for example when a 5 becomes a 6 or a 1 becomes a 2.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

According to your description, I think it’s possible for you to pin a tile for each combination according to your condition. And set an Alert for each tile. Because when you pin a tile onto the dashboard, the filter status of the data displayed in the tile is fixed.

Therefore, I think you can try like this:

vrobertqmsft_0-1625023488348.png

vrobertqmsft_1-1625023488353.png

Intro to dashboard tiles for Power BI designers

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

According to your description, I think it’s possible for you to pin a tile for each combination according to your condition. And set an Alert for each tile. Because when you pin a tile onto the dashboard, the filter status of the data displayed in the tile is fixed.

Therefore, I think you can try like this:

vrobertqmsft_0-1625023488348.png

vrobertqmsft_1-1625023488353.png

Intro to dashboard tiles for Power BI designers

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

According to my test and research, I think the first thing you should keep in mind is that Alerts can only be set on tiles pinned from report visuals, and only on gauges, KPIs, and cards, so you should change the visual type if you want to successfully set it, you can try the card chart like this:

vrobertqmsft_0-1624873822966.png

Then you can go to the Power Bi service to pin the visual and set the Alert:

vrobertqmsft_1-1624873822976.png

vrobertqmsft_2-1624873822977.png

vrobertqmsft_3-1624873822981.png

Data alerts in the Power BI service

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Hello! thank you for your reply. I am indeed aware of this. I was looking more for some help in making that translation from table to tile. Any suggestions?

Hi, 

According to the screenshot I posted above, I used a card chart and two slicers to replace the original table chart in your report and pin the card chart as a tile on the dashboard:

vrobertqmsft_0-1624932891636.png

Pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from a report

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Thanks A LOT for getting back to me on this. 

Would you then suggest to have one tile per combination (=rows in the table above)? cause there might also be new combinations popping up over time and it would be difficult to maintain. i have also a lot more combinations than the ones showed above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alevandenes 

You could create one measure that would look at all the combinations you need (this will be fully dynamic at that!), calculate the differences between the previous state and the current one for each of the combinations and then, for instance, return 1 if at least one difference is to trigger an alert and 0 otherwise. Then you could put this measure in a visual (and hide it if you don't want to show it) and create an alert on it if it's value is 1. Would that not work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would that not be done through the PowerApps "visual"? Or maybe this would help: Tutorial:Set data alerts on the Power BI service dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.