Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Counting instances of word across rows to create numerical data

I am looking to count the number of times specific words appear in a row.

I want to be able to show percentages and also counts of the instances.

Currently, I have these in a donut chart but adding each column to the values as distinct counts. Its not great and cant show each section as a full percentage etc 

In the real world these are relative to construction health and safety and if specific sections are compliant or not

Any help here would be great.

ThanksCapture.PNGCapture 2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Whether Dotnut chart in below screen shot is your expected result? If yes, first please unpivot all of columns except the column "Date", then drag the fields (Legend: Value  Details: Date  Values: Count of Attribute) on Dotnut chart...Unpivot selected columnsUnpivot selected columns

Expected resultExpected result

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Whether Dotnut chart in below screen shot is your expected result? If yes, first please unpivot all of columns except the column "Date", then drag the fields (Legend: Value  Details: Date  Values: Count of Attribute) on Dotnut chart...Unpivot selected columnsUnpivot selected columns

Expected resultExpected result

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

I would start by doing an unpivot on your data. Go into the query editor, highlight all columns apart from your date column and then press unpivot columns. You will find the button under the transform tab. 

When the data is formatted you should simply be able to use the normal integrated count of to display both count and %. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Br,
Johannes

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.