cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebeauchamp
Helper I
Helper I

Counting customers for a product migration dashboard

Hi, I am trying to use the product revenue from a transactions table to identify the count of customers in a migration dashboard. In this scenario, let's say Product A is the old product, and Product B is the new one. Based on this, we have 4 possible types of customers:

1. Customers to be migrated: Only has revenue from Product A in the current period
2. Customers being migrated:  Has revenue from Product A and Product B, in the current period
3. Customers migrated:  Had revenue from Product A in the past, but only has revenue from Product B in the current period
4. NetNew customer: Only has revenue from Product B. Never had Product A before, so should therefore be excluded from migration dashboard.

From the transactions table, I am able to create a SumX measure for Product A revenue, and another SumX measure for Product B revenue. These measures can then be used as columns in a table visual, where filters on each column, such as ProdA revenue > 0 and ProdB revenue > 0, will give the proper list of customers.

Where I am struggling is when trying to convert this into to measures that will simply provide a count of customers, to be displayed on 3 cards, eg.  
Migration not started:  145
Migration in process:  12
Migration complete: 58

For the "Migration in process", eg customers with revenue from both products, I have tried something like this:

CALCULATE(
DISTINCTCOUNT(Transactions[CustomerName] ),
FILTER(Transactions,[Product A Revenue] > 0),
FILTER(Transactions,[Product B Revenue] > 0),
)

But only one of the filters is applied (the first one). Not sure if they need to be combined or nested differently. Or whether a completely different approach is needed.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@ebeauchamp did not read the whole thing fully but try this

CALCULATE(
FILTER(Transactions,[Product A Revenue] > 0 && [Product B Revenue] > 0)
)

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@ebeauchamp did not read the whole thing fully but try this

CALCULATE(
FILTER(Transactions,[Product A Revenue] > 0 && [Product B Revenue] > 0)
)

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors