Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welsh_Will
Helper II
Helper II

Counting a one to many relationship

Hi

I have a table that has Shipment ID as the primary key, and another that has Quote Number as the primary key. There are many quotes to one Shipment ID. How can I count the number of quotes per shipment in my Shipment ID table please?

Shipment IDQuotes
001ABCD
001EFGH
001IJKL
002MNOP
002QRST
002UVWX
002YZAA
003ABAC

Shipment IDNumber of Quotes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Welsh_Will establish a relationship between the shipment and the shipping budget table in the shipping ID, it will be one for many relationships. add the following measure

Number of Quotes = COUNTROWS ( QuoteTable )

To display, use the visual table, use the shipment ID of the shipment table and the new measure, and you get the result.

Check out my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and beyond to get a summary of my favorite versions of Power BI features in 2020

I'd like to Compliments if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to congratulate anyone who has helped solve your problem. It's a show of thanks!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultation.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Welsh_Will establish a relationship between the shipment and the shipping budget table in the shipping ID, it will be one for many relationships. add the following measure

Number of Quotes = COUNTROWS ( QuoteTable )

To display, use the visual table, use the shipment ID of the shipment table and the new measure, and you get the result.

Check out my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and beyond to get a summary of my favorite versions of Power BI features in 2020

I'd like to Compliments if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to congratulate anyone who has helped solve your problem. It's a show of thanks!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultation.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through June10th!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Watch Session 22 Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!

Top Kudoed Authors