Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matt_Mohawk
Helper II
Helper II

Counting Services Separately

Hi,

I have a report that I am trying to calulate a number of services provided in one of our showrooms. The information is being pulled from Smartsheet and I have the multi-select function selected on that column. This means they can select multiple services per row and put in how many times that service was used during that visit. I have an image attached showing the data that I need to track. If possible I need a formula that will notice the names of service and track it based on the column name using the counted column.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Annotation 2021-10-27 153636.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Matt_Mohawk ,

You can unpivot table in Power Query, so that there is Value and atribute column. Then you can see what is the filtered attribute from values over 0.

Here is the link to the documentation.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/unpivot-columns-power-query-0f7bad4b-9ea1-49c1-9d95-f5882...

Hope that helped.

If that solved the issue, please mark the reply as solution 🙂

@StenbergAleksi ,

Would this also be able to tell what information was placed in each column? The thing I need to make sure is that the correct data is being calculated based on the Service provided.

Hello @Matt_Mohawk ,

Yes it will, In the atribute column will be the column name and the value will be the column value

@StenbergAleksi ,

So this is the problem that I am running into right now. I have data that have 2 different values combined but deliminated with a comma. When I unpivot it does not separate those values and calculate them based on the counted columns. See below:

Matt_Mohawk_0-1635366322146.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.