Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

damj
Frequent Visitor

Counting Rows from table using external calender

Hi.

Im trying to count the rows of open errors in the table shown below (figure 1). The table shows a train computer logging errors from different trains.table.PNG

Figure 1. ( table of FACT_SAP_KILDE)

I have tried doing an external table and counting the rows of open errors like figure 2 below, and i works great! problem is, i can't relate to the table above (Figure 1)  and define which train or which group it belongs to.counting errors.PNG

Figure 2 ( Table of Komfort )

My question is if there is a way to make the same calulation for Figure 1 as performed in Figure 2, so the details from the train can be available?

Hope you guys can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @damj ,

We can put the train field and the following measure into a table visual, then put the 'Komfort'[Date] into a slicer to meet your requirement:

OpenErrorsCount =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTROWS ( 'FACT_SAP_KILDE' ),
    FILTER (
        'FACT_SAP_KILDE',
        [Afsluting_rev] >= MAX ( 'Komfort'[Date] )
            && [Opretted_rev] <= MIN ( 'Komfort'[Date] )
            && [type] = "ET"
    )
)

We can also use the 'Komfort'[Date] as the row field of matrix, train as the column field, use the measure as the value.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @damj ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @damj ,

We can put the train field and the following measure into a table visual, then put the 'Komfort'[Date] into a slicer to meet your requirement:

OpenErrorsCount =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTROWS ( 'FACT_SAP_KILDE' ),
    FILTER (
        'FACT_SAP_KILDE',
        [Afsluting_rev] >= MAX ( 'Komfort'[Date] )
            && [Opretted_rev] <= MIN ( 'Komfort'[Date] )
            && [type] = "ET"
    )
)

We can also use the 'Komfort'[Date] as the row field of matrix, train as the column field, use the measure as the value.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.