Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Counting Daily New Subscribers

Hi,

I have 3 tables

1. A customer table that contains details of all customers

2. A Subscription table that contains ONLY customer on our subscription plan.

3. A transaction table that contains all customer transactions.

The customer ID links all three tables.

The subscription is renewed every month through an auto debit on the customer's account and this transaction is registered both on the transaction table and the subscription table.

The team would like to track each new subscriber to the bundle daily. We have multiple renewals daily but we to count new subscribers to the subscription ONLY.

We may have a new customer that is transacting but isn't subscribed to the bundle yet. What i want to do is count each first time subscriber to the bundle irrespective of when you became a customer. So each time a subscription transaction hits the transaction table it checks to see if that number is already subscribed, If yes; It doesnt count, If no it counts.

Tired DISTINCTCOUNT but dosnt count correctly.

5 REPLIES 5
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please give the example data of the three tables so that we can help you quickly and accurately.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share a simple dataset and show the expected result very clearly.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I just created two simple tables.

Subscription

1.PNG

Transaction

2.PNG

Then you create measures

trans not sub = 
VAR tbl= SUMMARIZE(FILTER('transaction','transaction'[customer]<>RELATED(subscription[customer])),'transaction'[customer])
return COUNTROWS(tbl)

trans and sub = 
VAR tbl= SUMMARIZE(FILTER('transaction','transaction'[customer]=RELATED(subscription[customer])),'transaction'[customer])
return COUNTROWS(tbl)

3.PNG

Hope this is helpful.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

rubinboer
Resolver II
Resolver II

i do not understand the requirement fully, let me be upfront about this, however, you can use the RELATED function to determine if a customer in the transaction table has a subscription for that specific entry when you do the analysis. this will give you the 0, 1 scenario. when you create the subscription based on your tables all the entries will be true for that customer.

Subscribed Column = RELATED('SubscriptionsTable'[BundleColum]')

the requirement however almost seems like it is operational at the transaction level rather than analysis (unless you wish to use the power bi service), then again i did mention i do not fully understand. - just a thought.

below the red are customers in the transaction table but no bundles assigned in subscriptions table

subscriptions.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.