Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count visits to a destination and visualize in a donut chart

Hi all,

Power BI is brand new to me and I'm struggling with creating a donut chart which visualizes number of visits to a destination.

Table:

2019-03-21_14-24-27.png

I want Power BI to count each time a specific destination appears in the list. The wish is that I'll get the below output:

2019-03-21_14-27-19.png

Hope there's a saviour out there!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If I'm understanding correctly, your ask is pretty straightforward. I replicated that same sample data set and pulled it into Power BI. All you need to do is select the donut chart visual, and then pull "Visits"  into the values section, and pull Destination onto either the detail or legend section. Either should work in this basic example. Here's an image:

Desination Visits.PNGLet me know if this works for you.

Ben

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

You may also change the 'Detail labels' to show the counts.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If I'm understanding correctly, your ask is pretty straightforward. I replicated that same sample data set and pulled it into Power BI. All you need to do is select the donut chart visual, and then pull "Visits"  into the values section, and pull Destination onto either the detail or legend section. Either should work in this basic example. Here's an image:

Desination Visits.PNGLet me know if this works for you.

Ben

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ben!

It did'nt work on my dataset - the data seems to be corrupted some how. I've made some workarounds and now it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.