Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aszpic
Frequent Visitor

Count values of the same month last year

Hello everyone,

I have been looking in the forum for the answer to this issue but couldn't get with the answer.

I have a table (let's call it MyTable) with 2 columns: [Values] and [Date].

The graphic I want to make is a simple one: with months as X axis, and in the Y axis the difference between the amount of values on the month of the axis and the amount of values of the same month of the previous year (so I have the variability in %).

I can make a simple measure that counts the amount of values of a certain month, simply using the COUNTA function and filtering the months with the graphic and the year with a slicer, but I couldn't find a way to count the amount of values of the same month of the previous year.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You had tried DateAdd?

= COUNT(MyTable[Values])/
        CALCULATE( COUNT(MyTable[Values]);DATEADD( MyTable[Date];-1;YEAR))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You had tried DateAdd?

= COUNT(MyTable[Values])/
        CALCULATE( COUNT(MyTable[Values]);DATEADD( MyTable[Date];-1;YEAR))

EDIT: It worked, thanks! I didn't know how the function DATEADD worked.

I tried doing that. It gives me an error on the visual, saying "MyTable[Value]: A date column containing duplicate dates was specified in the call to function 'DATEADD'. This is not supported. I don't understand this error... I thought DATEADD was just a movement of the dates 1 year backwards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.