Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

av9
Helper III
Helper III

Count totals for Dynamic Group

Hi, 

I have a specific query I am trying to solve for. 

I have a table that looks like this which has Customer, Unique Click Count(Measure), and Segments(Measure). 

av9_0-1632981048011.png

I am trying to Group this data like the table and visual below which I have made in Excel.

Index Funds & Stocks3
Index Funds Only2
Nothing42
Stocks Only2

av9_1-1632981387783.png

is this possible in Power BI

The PBIX I am working with: Segments.pbix - Google Drive

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

in order to place the categorical segments on the axis it needs to be a column not a measure so you will need to do some remodelling of your data.  Did you want a separate table for segments?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I have a disconnected Segments table, is there a way I can use this is the measure to group the click counts by segment?

av9_0-1632989111710.png

you can only slice a measure by categorical data, you can't slice it using a measure.

There are other ways to model this data but it all depends on why you are trying to do it the way you are, as there are other ways to model this.  What is your objective?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

The objective is to display whose clicking on articles based on their invested segment. I think I'll try a switch measure and link to the disconnected table using SELECTEDVALUE.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.