Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

almanacht
Frequent Visitor

Count the values for approximatly the same time

Hi, everyone my information are decale for some secondes so I try to round the number of time at the day so the information are the same but I've a multiple time the same informations:

Capture.PNG

as you can see , I want to have 18/12/2018, fab1 submitter=11 I don't know what to do so please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@almanacht 

I am glad that it worked.

if there is a way to have this information to all of the last information that I have :

In this scenario, do the following:

1. Select the column > Add Column > Date > Date Only (this way it will add one more column for date and your orignal column remains unaffected)
  2. Do not use Group By. Load the transformed table to Power BI and then create visual using the transformed column you have created in the previous step. Then you will get the option what PattemManohar has suggested in the response post

Hope this helps!

Rgds,

Vivek

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
almanacht
Frequent Visitor

thank's it work but do you know if there is a way to have this information to all of the last information that I have :

Capture2.PNG

can I allsaw have the last information before I use the group fonction witch are :

Capture3.PNG

@almanacht 

I am glad that it worked.

if there is a way to have this information to all of the last information that I have :

In this scenario, do the following:

1. Select the column > Add Column > Date > Date Only (this way it will add one more column for date and your orignal column remains unaffected)
  2. Do not use Group By. Load the transformed table to Power BI and then create visual using the transformed column you have created in the previous step. Then you will get the option what PattemManohar has suggested in the response post

Hope this helps!

Rgds,

Vivek

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

almanacht
Frequent Visitor

even If I do that because it's not exactly the same time it didn't show me the count of the line and I want to have an approximation of the time count by submitter

Capture1.PNG

@almanacht 

You may apply the transformation on the first column: Select the column > Transform > Date > Date Only

and then do the Group By

Or, share the sample data file.

Rgds,

Vivek

vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

@almanacht 

Hi,

I believe you need to do some data transformation. You may refer to the pbix file here

Thanks,

Vivek

PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@almanacht Under values section of Visualizations Pane, click on the down arrow of the field (that you want to count) and then select "COUNT" something similar to below screenshot

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

thank's for you're response but I don't have that I've got a french version of PowerBi but I can describe to you what I see, their is none count or "compter" in french in my visualisation as you can see :

Capture.PNG

hi @almanacht ,

If I am not mistaken, count can be seen in Values section. Not in Axis section

@almanacht 

Hi,

Have you tried Group By option in Power Query?

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.