Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ISBnLight
Frequent Visitor

Count the result of a measure

Hello All,

I've looked around for the solution but they seem to be taylored to the specific question asked.

I have a column that takes actual versus Target Qyts and then I create a percentage for each row (PN).

From this, i want to COUNT how many PN's (lines?) that fall into the +/- 20 of 100%, COUNT the PN's that dont, and COUNT the total.

I think if I can solve the below I can get the rest.

Below is what i have currently, but i cant COUNT a measure (Table1[Measure1])

Is there a "Standard" way to do this that I couldnt find?

20%+/- TEST =CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[Measure1]),

FILTER(Table1, Table1[Measure1] > .8 && Table1[Measure1] <1.2))

Any help is greatly appretiated (and tanks for all the help this forum has provided in the past)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ISBnLight ;

You could try it,

COUNT = VAR _SE=SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(ALL('Table'),[Measure1]>0.8&&[Measure1]<1.2),"TAR",[Target],"MEA",[Measure1])
RETURN COUNTX(_SE,[MEA])

I made a simple count of the data on the measure, using the selectColumn () and in my data is >0.7.

vyalanwumsft_0-1634619700610.png

if not right ,can you share simple file about it?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ISBnLight ;

You could try it,

COUNT = VAR _SE=SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(ALL('Table'),[Measure1]>0.8&&[Measure1]<1.2),"TAR",[Target],"MEA",[Measure1])
RETURN COUNTX(_SE,[MEA])

I made a simple count of the data on the measure, using the selectColumn () and in my data is >0.7.

vyalanwumsft_0-1634619700610.png

if not right ,can you share simple file about it?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ISBnLight , measure work at grouping, Assume test Id is that grouping where you can test this +/- 20 %

then try like

CALCULATE(COUNTX(Filter(values(Table1[Test ID]), [Measure1] > .8 && [Measure1] <1.2) ,[Measure1] ))

Thanks amitchandak,

PREVIEW

This is looking a lot better, I'm reletivly new to DAX so need to look at where i can pull (Table1[Test ID])  as this is currently a measure, but thats work i need to put in on my time.
Thanks again for the help

I lost most of my message somehow..

This got it a lot closer, but I'm reletivly new to DAX so am still trying to get the Table1 [TestID] part, as this ia measure in my report. BUT this is work I need to put in learning a bit more on my time. 

Thanks Again amitchandak

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.