Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

js121
Frequent Visitor

Count the number of rows containing specific text

I cannot wrap my head around how to do this, create a column

Count text field Number], number of requests by detailed status when detailed status in "Completed" & "Delivered -A" = New Column Total Completed

Here is Some Sample Data

Sample Data.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@js121,

Please check DAX in the attached PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you so much. One more imposition please, if I needed to check multiple values? Say for instance "Completed" and "Delivered"

js121
Frequent Visitor

Sorry I should have looked closer you answered my question about multiples. I hope the following makes sense. I don't know how to code these fields, create a calendar or what.

Now, I am going to build a bar chart that shows durations,aging. Should be something like this code from Qlikview

LOAD *,

If(match([Detailed status], 'Completed'), ceil(if([Delivered Date] < Opened, Opened,
[Delivered Date]) - [Opened])) as [Duration (Days)],

'Q' & Ceil(Month(Opened)/3) as Quarter,

MakeDate(Year(Opened)) as [Year Requested];

LOAD *,
pick(match([Detailed status],
'Completed')+1,
[Duration (Days)]) /30 as [Time Outstanding in Months];

LOAD *,

If(match([Detailed status], 'Completed'), ceil(if([Delivered Date] < Opened, Opened,
[Delivered Date]) - [Opened])) as [Duration (Days)],

'Q' & Ceil(Month(Opened)/3) as Quarter,

MakeDate(Year(Opened)) as [Year Requested];

Time Outstanding Chart.jpg

@js121,

I am not familar with Qlikview. Please refer to the following thread about how to provide sample data of your table and post expected result.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm sorry I didn't ask the question correctly. I am looking to create a bar chart that ages the tickets. Time outstanding in months, so my bars are >1, 1-3 4-6, 7-9, 10-12 & greater than 12. Does this make sense? I don't know how to make the fields and then the conditions on dropping them into the appropriate column.

Straight table.jpgTime Outstanding Chart.jpg

This last picture shows if I hover over >12 column, Yellow box - tells me the quantity by tshirt size aged. 

hover.jpg

Does this make more sense?

@js121,

What logic do you use to create the age range based on the above sample data? Could you please share the sample data in Excel file so that I can copy and paste?

Regards,
Lydia

I sent an email with the spreadsheet attached. I don't know how else to get the data up to this site. I don't have dropbox and our Onedrive is on our network & I don't think outside access is allowed.

The duration days & outstanding fields in the chart are done in code in Qlik not in the spreadsheet, so I am guessing I need to create another field for duration days? It's supposed to be "Open Demand - Months Outstanding"

@js121,

I sent you a private message.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.