cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin74
Frequent Visitor

Count text in matrix

Hi Guys,

I have setup a matrix, all works fine. There is a calculated measure (percentage deviation). The measure displays High, Normal, Low.

At this moment I want to put the count of High, Normal, Low in a pie chart. But nothing seems to work ok, I'm just a beginner so I need some help with this. Almost forgot, the data comes from SQL in rows. Thanks in advanced, Martin

Screenshot_1.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User IV
Super User IV

So, to use a measure like that you generally need to use the disconnected table trick. In general, to use a measure in that way, you need to use the Disconnected Table Trick as this article demonstrates: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the answer, I'm still looking and trying your solution but I can't get it together. Please can you take a look at the BI file? Normally the table contains a lot of pointnames and of course values. I want to calculate the difference between them it's in the measure percentage. The Pie chart seems to be working but filtering just on one pointname doesn't change the pie chart.

Thanks in advanced 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fpa4fjseudf0vr/ZW206.pbix?dl=0 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors