Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GabrielM

Count status with conditional dates

Hi, I have a challenge and I need your help.

I have a status log per tasks, in which I have the record of the changes status of each task.

Table.jpg
For example, task "A" goes through states 1, 2 and 3 at such times.
What I want to achieve, is to be able to graph the number of tasks in each state at a certain moment, at a certain moment of time should show the last state of each task before that time.
For example, in the following graph I show the quantities in the table above.

graph.jpg

The challenge is to be able to explore by month, day and hours and count the status for each time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@GabrielM

In this scenario, I assume you have a Date/Time to get those certain moments. However, since there's no direct relationship between these certain moments and your source table. You can't include the fields from these two tables into same chart visual.

For your requirement, you can only create a slicer for those certain moments, the build a measure to get the last status for each task.

Last Status = 
var MaxTime = CALCULATE(MAX(Table3[Time]),FILTER(Table3,Table3[Time]<=MAX(Table4[Time])))
return
CALCULATE(MAX(Table3[Status]),FILTER(Table3,Table3[Time]=MaxTime))

Capture.PNG

And to calculate the number of tasks for each status, we have to summarize above table into calculated table. However, it's not possible to generate a dynamic table. And we can't assign different aggregation on different hierarchy level. So these calculation can't be explored on different level.

Rergards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@GabrielM

In this scenario, I assume you have a Date/Time to get those certain moments. However, since there's no direct relationship between these certain moments and your source table. You can't include the fields from these two tables into same chart visual.

For your requirement, you can only create a slicer for those certain moments, the build a measure to get the last status for each task.

Last Status = 
var MaxTime = CALCULATE(MAX(Table3[Time]),FILTER(Table3,Table3[Time]<=MAX(Table4[Time])))
return
CALCULATE(MAX(Table3[Status]),FILTER(Table3,Table3[Time]=MaxTime))

Capture.PNG

And to calculate the number of tasks for each status, we have to summarize above table into calculated table. However, it's not possible to generate a dynamic table. And we can't assign different aggregation on different hierarchy level. So these calculation can't be explored on different level.

Rergards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.