Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Count over date axis

Looking for a suggestion.

Within my dataset, I have hundreds of customer campaigns - each with a distinct name and a campaign creation date.

I am trying to represent campaign count by day, month, year so that I can look at performance day-over-day, MOM and YOY. 

I am using a  date table as well, but can't seem to have the visual show the proper count of campaign name in a bar or line with a date axis.  I have used both campaign creation date as well as the date table, but neither seems to show the results I was expecting to see.

Is there anyone who has a suggestion how I can get the campaign count over a date axis?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I'm wondering what's not working.

I understood

• Many different campaigns can be created at the same day

Assumption

• Your date table is related with your "campaign" table:  datetable (one) - campaign (many)
  • both date columns have the same datatype (ideally date) and not datetime, if one or both are datetime you have to ensure that the CreatedDate column is not the creation date from the source system containing a specific time. This would most likely result in weird results --> convert datetime columns into date columns if the time information provides no addition insight

Expectation

Using the date column from the date table on the xaxis of your chart and the campaign name as value (by default the aggregation type COUNT is chosen by Power BI) I would expect the correct number of campaigns created on each day.

Maybe you can describe what you see, the better share sample data, and make this data available as download.

Without any further information it's difficult not to say almost impossible to provide further information

Cheers

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @irnm8dn,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I'm wondering what's not working.

I understood

• Many different campaigns can be created at the same day

Assumption

• Your date table is related with your "campaign" table:  datetable (one) - campaign (many)
  • both date columns have the same datatype (ideally date) and not datetime, if one or both are datetime you have to ensure that the CreatedDate column is not the creation date from the source system containing a specific time. This would most likely result in weird results --> convert datetime columns into date columns if the time information provides no addition insight

Expectation

Using the date column from the date table on the xaxis of your chart and the campaign name as value (by default the aggregation type COUNT is chosen by Power BI) I would expect the correct number of campaigns created on each day.

Maybe you can describe what you see, the better share sample data, and make this data available as download.

Without any further information it's difficult not to say almost impossible to provide further information

Cheers

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.