Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count orders that does not include x (Filter granularity)

Hi,

I have a sales tables, with 1 line for every item in an order.

My goal is to count the amount of orders that has a revenue below 319,2 and were the order does not include an item from the category "FOOD".

Currently I'm using the DAX function below, which work at a line level, but I still get a count of 1, if an order includes a "FOOD" item, and other items as well. Orders that only include "FOOD" are filtered out by the function.

How do I convert to formula and adjust the granularity , so it excludes orders as soon as an item from the "FOOD" category appears on the order ID?

Thanks.

Orders below 319,2, NON-FOOD = 
CALCULATE( COUNTROWS(VALUES(Sale[OrderID])); FILTER(VALUES(Salg[OrderID]);Sale[Sales Revenue] < 319,2); FILTER(Product;Product[MainGroup] <> "FOOD") )

2 REPLIES 2
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

When you're in CALCULATE, everything *after* the value to be calculated (in your case COUNTROWS(VALUES(Sale[OrderID])) ) contains an implicit FILTER.  So you should be able to just put the conditions you are looking for in the CALCULATE statement:

Orders below 319,2, NON-FOOD = 
CALCULATE(
	COUNTROWS(VALUES(Sale[OrderID]));
	  Sale[Sales Revenue] < 319,2;
	  Product[MainGroup] <> "FOOD"
)

Hope this helps

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Made a workaround by creating two different measures, and then calculating the difference between the two, to get my desired result, but surely there must be another way?

Orders below 319,2 = CALCULATE(
		COUNTROWS(VALUES(Sales[OrderID.]));
		FILTER(VALUES(Sales[OrderID]);Sale[Sales Revenue] < 319,2)
)

Orders below 319,2 that includes FOOD:

Orders below 319,2 incl. FOOD = CALCULATE(
		COUNTROWS(VALUES(Sales[OrderID]));
			FILTER(VALUES(Sales[OrderID]);Sales[Sales Revenue] < 319,2);
			FILTER(Product;Product[MainGroup] = "FOOD")
)

Orders that doesn't include food:

Orders below 319, ex FOOD = [Orders below 319,2] - [Orders below 319,2 incl. FOOD]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.