Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count of transactions per week

Hi All,

I created a date dimension table with the following columns with my week starting on Sunday and ending on Saturday. It exists as its own table. Fields are listed as follows:

dates.PNG

I also have another table called "TA" which is a listing of all filled reqs using field name of "Status" with "Filled" as a count logic:

Filled = CALCULATE(COUNTAX('TA', 'TA'[Status]), 'TA'[Status] = "Filled")

What I want to do is count the number of filled reqs in the week we are currently in using the "Filled Date" field in the TA table which has a relationship to "FullDateAlternateKey" on the Date table and set it up as a data tile on a page in my workbook. I want it so the number shifts on the tile automatically when a new week starts. 

How can I do this? I really need it to be dynamic based on today's date. So for example, given today is 6/20, it will count the # of fills that have happened starting 6/16 thru 6/23. Then on 6/24, the count starts over for that new week. 

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You simply need a visual level filter, on your date field. Apply Relative Date Filtering set to desired value.

Untitled (1).png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You simply need a visual level filter, on your date field. Apply Relative Date Filtering set to desired value.

Untitled (1).png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tarunsingla wow...DUH. I completely FORGOT about that. #blondemoment.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.