Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

s_mansell
Helper I
Helper I

Count of products unique to each Country

Hi all, 

I need to be able to count the number of products that are unique to each country to be displayed in a column chart but I am unsure how to achieve this.

In the photo below I have created a table with the Product Name, Distinct Count of Product Name and the Count of Country. I need to remove any products that appear in multiple countries (I am aware I can filter the table to only show Count of County equals 1). However, I then need to display this in a column chart to show how many unique products are in each country. 

s_mansell_0-1601646783396.png

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, if you need more info please let me know. 

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@s_mansell , Not very clear try like

sumx(values(Table[Country]),calculate(distinctcount(Table[product])))

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thank you for replying! 

Sorry for not being clear. Using emaples from the table in the photo I sent: 

The "Acco 3-Hole Punch, Recycled" is a product that is sold in 23 countries therefore it isn't a unique product. Wheras the "Acco 6 Outlet Guardian Basic Surge Suppressor" is only sold in one country therefore it is unique. I now need to associate this product with the coutry it is sold and count how many other unique products are in each and display this in a column chart. 

Does this make sense? 

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Sorry if I'm making a lot of assumptions. First of all, in your data, can one country have multiple products? I know you said one product can be sold in multiple countries, but is the reverse of this true? Do you have data regarding what product is sold in which country? That's the information you need to tie this together. Something like - 

ProductCountry
AUSA
BUK
CMexico 
CCanada
CBrazil
CArgentina
DEcuador
EBrazil
FCanada
FUK
FItaly
GFrance
HSpain
ISpain
IGreece

If you have this data in two different source, you could link them together using product name. There after drop contry name in the axis of the column chart under fields. And product name in values and set it to count. In the visual filter, drop Count Of Country and set the filter to only show products that have one unique country where it is being sold. Hope that helps. If not feel free to poke my brain more. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.