Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ToddMate
Helper II
Helper II

Count of instances

Hi,

I would like a measure that counts the number of times the "Account Number" in the image below occurs.

Then, i would like to show this in a visual (OUTCOME TABLE) in a way that shows the number of times a count of 1,2,3,4,5 etc has occured.

For example, in TABLE A, account Number 15 is shows 3 times so this would show in a visual as 1 in a similar way that all accounts which have a count of 1 total 8 and show as 8.

X.jpg

Hoping someone can assist with this.

Cheers,
Todd

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ToddMate ,

Is your measure "Account Number" like this?

Account Number = COUNT(Sheet4[Values])

But I can't understand the relationship between "Account Number" and "Occurence of Accounts".

And I also can't understand What the "Count" column represents.

So please describe in detail the meaning of "Occurence of Accounts" column and "Count" column.
It's better to give me a .PBIX file.

Best Regards,
Lionel Chen

Hi @v-lionel-msft 

The only table is Table A and the only column in Table A is Account Number.

The OUTCOME in colum E of the picture is what i am looking to achieve by way of a measure. 

Essentially i am just after a count of the number of times an account number appears. Hence in the example i put Occurance of Accounts and a count of the number of times that the above occured. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.