Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

meddojeddo
Helper IV
Helper IV

Count of concatenated reason codes for each dimension?

I have a table where there is one column which has a bunch of reason codes concatenated like this "Billing issue - Technical issue - Discount - Value - Customer" and they are not necessarily in the same order and the number of ones listed for each field varies. I am wanting to create a bar chart which is a count of the rows where each of these reason codes occur, for example Billing Issue 241, Technical Issue 154, Discount 103, etc. Is there a way to do this in Power BI? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @meddojeddo 

Due to I don't know your data model, I build a sample to have a test.

My Sample:

1.png

In addition to  

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please share a sample with me by your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @meddojeddo 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak what I am looking to do is to create a bar chart which shows the count of the occurrence of each of those reason codes(Billing issue, Technical issue, Discount, etc.). In other words, the reason code would be the dimension and the conut of their occurrence would be the measure. However they are contained in a column where for each row there is a series of them split up by a "-" delimiter, like this: "Billing issue - Technical issue - Discount - Value - Customer". Does that make more sense?

Hi @meddojeddo 

Due to I don't know your data model, I build a sample to have a test.

My Sample:

1.png

In addition to  

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please share a sample with me by your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.