Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paulsmit
Frequent Visitor

Count of average score - shown as a bar chart

Hi,

I have a set of data which contians customer satisfaction scores for a range of different locations and I need to create a bar chart which gives a count of locations for each average satisfaction score e.g. 3 locations may have an average score of 80 and 8 locations may have an average score of 95.  I would expect to see this as 2 blocks on the graph, one with a height of 8 at the 95 mark and one with a height of 3 at 80.   

I would like the x-axis to show average satisfaction scores (as whole numbers between 1-100) and the y-axis to be a count of the number of properties.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@paulsmit,

Firstly create a calculate column average to achieve the average value every location:

Average = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Table1[Satisfaction]), ALLEXCEPT(Table1, Table1[Location]))
Then create a measure to achieve the distinct count every average value:
Count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[Location]), ALLEXCEPT(Table1, Table1[Average]))
Finally drag Average to X-axis, Count to Value field, the result is like below:
Capture.PNG 

Regards,
Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @paulsmit are you able to show a sample of your data???

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Yeah sure. Location Satisfaction ------------ -------------- Derby 90 Derby 95 Derby 80 Chesterfield 80 Chesterfield 86 Chesterfield 90 Mansfield 50 Mansfield 60 Sheffield 60 Sheffield 50 I would expect to see a block of 1 high at 88 (the average for Derby), a block of 1 high at 85 (representing Chesterfield) and a block of 2 high at 55 (representing Mansfield & Sheffield). Cheers Paul

Apologies. That didn't format as I'd expected.

@paulsmit,

Firstly create a calculate column average to achieve the average value every location:

Average = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Table1[Satisfaction]), ALLEXCEPT(Table1, Table1[Location]))
Then create a measure to achieve the distinct count every average value:
Count = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[Location]), ALLEXCEPT(Table1, Table1[Average]))
Finally drag Average to X-axis, Count to Value field, the result is like below:
Capture.PNG 

Regards,
Jimmy Tao

Thanks for your help with this. It works perfectly,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.