Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count number of employees

Hi, I would like to count the number of active employees in a given period. In the end we wannt to analyse if the company is    more productive (revenue divided by total hours or number of employees) after growing or before growing (they have gone from 9 employees to 19 employees mid 2019).

I have a facttable: FactHarvest which is a table where employees fill in their time registration, it looks like this:

Date - Hours - Client - Project - Task - Type - Name  Employee -  Billable - Billable rate - billable amount - Cost rate - Cost amount

And I have a dim table with all of the employees

Is there a way to count the  number of employees and get theem on a graph and see when the number of employees have grown?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The solution to my problem was actually really simple in the end. I fixed part one with following formula 😅

EmployeeCount = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(FactHarvest[NameEmployee]))

Part two after that step wass relative simple as well:

ProductivityIncomeHours = DIVIDE([totalIncome];[TotalHours])
ProductivityOutcomeHours 
= DIVIDE([TotalExpense];[TotalHours])
ProductivityIncomeEmployees = DIVIDE([totalIncome];[EmployeeCount])
ProductivityOutcomeEmployees = DIVIDE([TotalExpense];[EmployeeCount])

This resulted in this Graph:
ProductivityPlusEmployee.PNG

Now need to figure out how I can get rid of the "false negative number" of employees count which is due to having an empty value on my months.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.