cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
enlamparter
Helper I
Helper I

Count measure not working for one field only

I'm working on creating a visual that states how many notices are resolved and how many notices are open. Each of these fields is a card, and use the measure below to pull the number of records with the Open or Resolved statuses:

 

Resolved Notices = calculate(count(tblNotice[noticeStatus]),tblNotice[noticeStatus]="Resolved")

Open Notices = calculate(count(tblNotice[noticeStatus]),tblNotice[noticeStatus]="Open")

 

For some reason, resolved notices updates correctly upon refreshing the data, but Open Notices stays at a value of one (which, it's worth noting, was never actually one to begin with as there were seven Open Notices when I originally loaded the table).

 

Any ideas why this could be acting up?

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I've solved the issue actually--I had a brainstorm and realized the problem was a slicer I put in that was filtering on the resolution date. Oops!! And to think I spent an hour on this.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
scottsen
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I have to guess that what you THINK says "Open" does not actually say "Open".  Maybe a space before/after?

 

Only other thing I can say is that I tend to use COUNTROWS(tblNotice), instead of COUNT( ) -- but I don't *think* that makes any difference.

 

 

Thanks for your reply scottsen,

 

Not sure if this would change anything but I've noticed now that if I set a report level filer, the filter box does seem to acknowledge that there are 8 open notices. However the visual still reads "1". Does that make any difference?

 

I'm going to try playing with leading/trailing spaces now and see if that might have anything to do with it.

In your table, you could add a calculated column that is just   IsOpen = tblNotice[noticeStatus] = "Open"  and make sure you are getting a "TRUE" where you expect?

It's returning "true" for all values I expected 😕

I think I've solved the issue actually--I had a brainstorm and realized the problem was a slicer I put in that was filtering on the resolution date. Oops!! And to think I spent an hour on this.

View solution in original post

Bam!  Congrats 🙂

woah.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors