Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tkrupka
Resolver II
Resolver II

Count is doubled

I hadn't seen this issue in other attempts, but I am at a loss.

Filter counts double.JPG

I have a list of tanks that has been sliced by the location field.

In this case there are 3 lines with DAY_Tank as FALSE and 10 lines of TRUE.

But if you look in the filter column it lists 6 and 20 which makes absolutely no sense.

I've looked at my data tables and see nothing more than the line items you see above.

If I do a SUM of the capacity it gives me exactly double of what it should be.

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tkrupka I checked the data for Boston. You are seeing the double count because for each Tank_Name, there are two Tank_IDs. e.g. for Tank Name BO2-Fuel System B, the Tank IDs are 462 and 75. Hence, although Power BI is not showing these 2 records in the visual, underneath it is showing the filter count for the actual no. of rows. It is the same reason why your SUM is also double along with True/False count for Tanks[Day_Tank]. Please see attached screenshot.Screenshot.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@tkrupka 

Would you be able to share your .pbix file?

@jdbuchanan71 

Let's try this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tkrupka I checked the data for Boston. You are seeing the double count because for each Tank_Name, there are two Tank_IDs. e.g. for Tank Name BO2-Fuel System B, the Tank IDs are 462 and 75. Hence, although Power BI is not showing these 2 records in the visual, underneath it is showing the filter count for the actual no. of rows. It is the same reason why your SUM is also double along with True/False count for Tanks[Day_Tank]. Please see attached screenshot.Screenshot.PNG

I must have double uploaded the data in my bulk upload.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.