Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count function on number of dates show up incorrect in Graphs?

What am I missing here? There are 41 'SAValidation' dates total in May 2018, 15 of these are distinct dates. but the graphs show 23?

It's incorrect on all months of course but this was the best exampleDate Count Bug.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

I have test on your pbix file, Reason is that "SAValidation" is a datetime column with different time, but date column only with "12:00:00", so you could not create the relationship by these two columns.

You should create a new "SAValidation" column

new SAValidation = DATE(YEAR(Query1[SavalidationDate]),MONTH(Query1[SavalidationDate]),DAY(Query1[SavalidationDate]))

Then use new "SAValidation" column create a relationship with date table

7.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the SAValidation data type ? It looks like text. I think the fault comes from there

What is the value on x axis. Given informations are deficient

Please share your data set or pbix.

Anonymous
Not applicable

X-Axis uses a date table. 

Column: Date/Time

Format 2001-01-01 (yyyy-MM-dd)

data_type.PNGAxis.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm asking for data type of SAValidation.

It's to hard to help without having your dataset and chart. I couldn't guess what did you do in your example.

Please check SAValidation data type and be sure if it is date and check your tables relations. Maybe if you change Cross filter direction to both it would be work

Anonymous
Not applicable

SaValidation is Date/time as data type just as the image I posted. I understand it's harder without my actual dataset but I can't share it atm. 

I will try the cross filter direction but it still seems wierd that the graphs show a value that is not present in the dataset no matter how I twist the data 🙂

Relations is basically just one many to one relation to the Date table så nothing fancy there either. Just the Count function in the graphs that don't count like I want them to.

hi, @Anonymous 

I have tested on my side, it works well.

So could you please share your sample pbix file(just keep the date column that could reduce the issue, remove other fields),

there should be something wrong in your other process.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.