Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MaxItaly
Helper III
Helper III

Count function based on region ignores region visual filter

Hello everyone,

I am quite experienced with Power BI, but there's something that I am not understanding.

I have a banal function:

"Count_Customer_Japan = CALCULATE(COUNT(Customer[Customer]); Cities[Region] = "Japan")".

I have created a visual object that shows this measure and a visual filter based on the region.

Whatever region I choose in the visual object filter, the measure shows the same amount of persons.

Shouldn't the filter filter the measure and shows an amount equal to zero when I select a region different from Japan?

Here it is the screen:

Screen.png

I'd upload the .pbix, but I never remember how to do it.

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @MaxItaly

Check out this blog post. It references what you're going through. Taken directly from the post: "When a filter is applied to a column from a visual and then another filter is applied on the same column in a CALCULATE, the CALCULATE always wins"

Thanks,

Parker

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @MaxItaly

Check out this blog post. It references what you're going through. Taken directly from the post: "When a filter is applied to a column from a visual and then another filter is applied on the same column in a CALCULATE, the CALCULATE always wins"

Thanks,

Parker

Many thanks!
I was totally unaware of this!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.