Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

a-simarg
Helper II
Helper II

Count from the first seen

Hello

My data header looks like this:

Customer ID |  Earliest seen date |Filter Date|

I want to count the number of times a unique client has been detected.It should be based on the main date filter we already have (filter date)
example: 1. if the first seen date for a client is in March and the date filter is June then it should show how many times the client was seen in June. If it’s filtered for April to June and first seen is in March then count how many times client was seen in April to June.
2. if it had a first seen date earlier than the date filtered in the month. So if the client was first seen on day 1 and we run the report for day 2 then the client is still a previously seen device so we should show a value in day 2 but not day 1

Thanks

SImona

6 REPLIES 6
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @a-simarg ,

Kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft 

Thank you again for your help

here is the link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmE_jLrjHUAN9ggaX2Z3OSTVoeQq?e=2XsIcQ 

if i choose time range  January 9th - 12th,

So first, we should see if a Client Mac it had a first seen date earlier than the date filtered in the month.

If the client Mac was first seen on day 9 January and we run the report for days 9-12 then the client is still a previously seen device so we should show a value in day  12, 11,10 but not 9. And calculate how many times the Client Mac has been seen in this period.

if the client was first seen on day 7 January, then we should count the times he was seen starting from 9th-12 January the date filterred

if we are running the report only for 12 january and the first seen was on 7, then we will count starting with 8,9,10,11,12 of January

Example: Client MAC = 24:18:1d:7f:2b:bd

to show how many time this client has been seen, i will count the days marked with yellow and the result will be 72 times (48+9+15)new snap.JPG

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Do you want two date filters?

If yes. This is bit different but on the same line Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

Hi @amitchandak 

i would like to use only a single date filter and that one to be "Filter date"

Thanks

Simona

Not able to get the problem you are facing. 

If you add a slicer for filter date and select the count of customer id  in visual.

The earliest seen date it is also a calculated measure 

Earliest seen = CALCULATE(MAX('DATA Table'[Earliest Seen Date]),USERELATIONSHIP('DATA Table'[Earliest Seen Date_],'Table'[Date]))

where :
Earliest Seen Date_ = DATE(YEAR('DATA Table'[Earliest Seen Date]),MONTH('DATA Table'[Earliest Seen Date]),DAY('DATA Table'[Earliest Seen Date]))
Table Data it is a new table created by me with fy 20

i want to calculate the number of times a unique client has been detected from the earliest seen date in the date range selected

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.