Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jarenasv
Frequent Visitor

Count first occurrence by selected filters date

Hi, I am working with data visualization and trying not to count duplicates and not seeing how to accomplish, the objective is to count only the first ocurrence, using as a filter periods of dates, years, months etc and/or filtering the other related tables.

The objective is to work only with data that is displayed dynamically according to the selected filters.

Below is some made up data that should help explain issue:

2019-04-04_11-12-57.png

Another user from the community helped me with the issue of duplicity (v-lili6-msft ), but not work if I apply a filter to Date column or other filter of the related tables.

Measure used to count the first occurrence.

result = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Query),FILTER(Query,Query[DATE]=CALCULATE(MIN(Query[DATE]),ALLEXCEPT(Query,Query[ID]))))+0

In this measure, I would like to include the respective filters mentioned above. I have used the allselected function but it does not work.

Actually:

cambiar tabla.png

Issue when using the date filter:

Tabla 2.png

Expected result using filters:

Tabla 3.png

I emphasize that I can not occupy calculated columns is too much information and applying only the filters could reduce the processing times in Analysis Services 2014.

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jarenasv ,

You may try the following measure.

Measure =
SUMX (
    VALUES ( Query[ID] ),
    CALCULATE (
        VAR d =
            MIN ( Query[DATE] )
        RETURN
            IF ( d = CALCULATE ( MIN ( Query[DATE] ), ALLSELECTED ( Query[DATE] ) ), 1, 0 )
    )
)
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jarenasv ,

You may try the following measure.

Measure =
SUMX (
    VALUES ( Query[ID] ),
    CALCULATE (
        VAR d =
            MIN ( Query[DATE] )
        RETURN
            IF ( d = CALCULATE ( MIN ( Query[DATE] ), ALLSELECTED ( Query[DATE] ) ), 1, 0 )
    )
)
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.