Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count different comparison between a Measure and a Column

Hello,
I am trying to compare the output from a measure("CODE MEASURE") with a column value("CODE COLUMN").

code.PNG

I want to calculate the mismatch of each code on a daily basis, example: If "CODE MEASURE" has a value A but got output in "CODE COLUMN" as B, then count as 1. In the final result("COUNT RESULT"), I want the count of mismatch between each code on a daily basis.

Thanks for any help provided.

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To create measures as below.

Count = 
IF ( MAX ( 'Table'[Code column] ) <> [Code measure], 1, 0 )
Count result = 
CALCULATE (
    SUMX ( 'Table', [Count] ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[Code column] )
)

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.
The below image shows the output which I got from the measure which you sent. But in the Code Measure many values are not shown, like "A","D","M"
CODE1.PNG
code.PNG
My code measure has values - A,B,C,D,M,S&P
Similarly my code column has values -  A,B,C,D,M,S&P.
1)I want the logic as if my code measure was a "A", then how many counts it was mismatched as B, similarly how many counts it was mismatched as C and so on.
2)Next what if my code measure was a "B", then how many counts it was mismatched as A, similarly how many counts it was mismatched as C and so on.
The same above logic I want to apply for each value in code measure.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Kindly share your sample data to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 
I am attaching the powerbi sample file in the below google drive link. If you need any more information kindly do let me know.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OtJr8v834Rg78J2OfAoG9_h6rlG5uQz7/view?usp=sharing 

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.