Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wimsangers
Helper I
Helper I

Count cumulative with inactive relationship

Hi all,

I am trying to calculate a cumulative measure with an inactive relationship.

This is the formula I use. 

charging points = calculate(COUNTA(ChargePoints[ExternalID]);USERELATIONSHIP(ChargePoints[Created];DIM_Calendar[Date]);filter(ALLSELECTED(ChargePoints[Created]);ChargePoints[Created] <= MAX(ChargePoints[Created])))

When I plot this I am getting the total each month, but not the cumulative number.
How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AsMoBhosca ,

It is already a long time ago, but I think I managed to fix the problem thanks to the tip of MattAllington.

If you look at the code of my original problem this is the updated version:

calculate(COUNTA('bi chargecard_assignment'[evco_id]),filter(ALL('Calendar for cards'[Date]),'Calendar for cards'[Date] <= MAX('Calendar for cards'[Date])),'bi chargecard_assignment'[assigned_until] <> BLANK(),USERELATIONSHIP('Calendar for cards'[Date],'bi chargecard_assignment'[assigned_until])) + calculate(COUNTA('bi chargecard_assignment'[evco_id]),filter(ALL('Calendar for cards'[Date]),'Calendar for cards'[Date] <= MAX('Calendar for cards'[Date])),'bi chargecard_assignment'[assigned_until] > TODAY(),USERELATIONSHIP('Calendar for cards'[Date],'bi chargecard_assignment'[assigned_until]))

Hope it helps you. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AsMoBhosca
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

@wimsangers 
Did you ever figure out how to correctly nest the calculate functions? I am also trying to get a cmulative count using an inactive relationship.
Thanks 

Hi @AsMoBhosca ,

It is already a long time ago, but I think I managed to fix the problem thanks to the tip of MattAllington.

If you look at the code of my original problem this is the updated version:

calculate(COUNTA('bi chargecard_assignment'[evco_id]),filter(ALL('Calendar for cards'[Date]),'Calendar for cards'[Date] <= MAX('Calendar for cards'[Date])),'bi chargecard_assignment'[assigned_until] <> BLANK(),USERELATIONSHIP('Calendar for cards'[Date],'bi chargecard_assignment'[assigned_until])) + calculate(COUNTA('bi chargecard_assignment'[evco_id]),filter(ALL('Calendar for cards'[Date]),'Calendar for cards'[Date] <= MAX('Calendar for cards'[Date])),'bi chargecard_assignment'[assigned_until] > TODAY(),USERELATIONSHIP('Calendar for cards'[Date],'bi chargecard_assignment'[assigned_until]))

Hope it helps you. 

You need 2 nested calculate functions. The outer calculate should set the USERELATIONSHIP.  The inner one does the cumulative total. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hi @MattAllington ,

Thank you for your fast reply.

Could you maybe help in writing this formula.

I am now getting the error that I cannot use a calculate function in a true/false expression.

This is my formula.

Charging points = calculate(USERELATIONSHIP(ChargePoints[Created];DIM_Calendar[Date]);calculate(COUNTA(ChargePoints[ExternalID]);filter(ALL(ChargePoints[Created]);ChargePoints[Created] <= MAX(ChargePoints[Created]))))
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you solved your problem? I have a similar problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.