Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Drobinson1
Helper III
Helper III

Count by minute show blank minutes

Trying to build a report that shows every minute of every day and count the occurances in another table if it falls on that spefic date and time. The scenario is we are trying to see if we achieve our packaging rate speeds.  We should be able to show 3 boxes per minute.  However out packaging team is only doing 1 or 2 per minute and frequently has minutes we no data caputered.  I would like to show their rates in green and the minutes they missed in red.

Right now i have a RC_Packaging_Rate table which has a record for each box along with a time stamp.  I also have another table called dates with every minute of everyday mapped out.

The two are not connected. I tried the formula below and couldn't get it to work.

counts = if(

ISBLANK(
CALCULATE(COUNT(RC_Packaging_Rate[CASE_COUNT]),FILTER(RC_Packaging_Rate,RC_Packaging_Rate[Hour]=Hour([getdate])&&RC_Packaging_Rate[minute]=MINUTE([getdate])&&RC_Packaging_Rate[Day]=DAY([getdate])))),0,
(CALCULATE(COUNT(RC_Packaging_Rate[CASE_COUNT]),FILTER(RC_Packaging_Rate,RC_Packaging_Rate[Hour]=Hour([getdate])&&RC_Packaging_Rate[minute]=MINUTE([getdate]&&RC_Packaging_Rate[Day]=DAY([getdate]))))))
3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Drobinson1 

Sample data and expected output will be helpful to provide an accurate solution.If you need further help,please follow the How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly to post your data and expected output.It would be better if you can upload the .pbix file to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have a simple sensor sending data up to a table RC_Packaging_Rate and a disconnected table called dates(Just a simple one column excel import of every minute of every day for the next 3 years).

Everytime a case goes by on the line we have a timestamp.  We should be able to acheive 5 cases per minute.  In the green and red picture where there is red we have no counts.   

I then have a table with measures(again not jooins on any of the tables)

This has 

counts( which is the Green area on the chart) = CALCULATE(COUNT(RC_Packaging_Rate[CASE_COUNT]),FILTER(RC_Packaging_Rate,RC_Packaging_Rate[Hour]=Hour([getdate])&&RC_Packaging_Rate[minute]=MINUTE([getdate])&&RC_Packaging_Rate[Day]=DAY([getdate])))

I want to show every minute of the day along with the counts and fill in teh blanks where there is no count.

And have this easily interact with a date slicer.

Right now my soultion requires me to drill up and then back down.

PACKAGING_IDCASE_COUNTTIME_STAMPLINEPLANT
2704454/18/19 8:40 AMNEW JUGGEROhio
2704464/18/19 8:41 AMNEW JUGGEROhio
2704474/18/19 8:42 AMNEW JUGGEROhio
2704484/18/19 8:45 AMNEW JUGGEROhio
2704494/18/19 8:46 AMNEW JUGGEROhio
27044104/18/19 8:51 AMNEW JUGGEROhio

image.png

right now that red is a default measure i put in place that looks like this.  I don't really want to do this as every product on every line has a different value than the 3 that I am using in this example.

Missed counts2 = var counts=[counts]

return

if(ISBLANK(counts),3,0)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.