Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

calmeida734
Regular Visitor

Count based on the Sum of a Variance at different levels of a hierarchy

I am making a dashboard that analyzes the difference between actuals and a plan for four different salients.  There are three different levels to the hierarchy: Level 1 (highest), Level 2(mid), and Level 3(lowest).  At each level you can analyze the variance, however as you move up the hierarcy the variance for all the lower levels are summed to create the variance at that level.

I am looking for assistnace in writing a Dax formula, or formual(s), so that I can count the number of elements at each level that are on plan (Variance = 0), behind plan (Variance <0, and ahead of plan (Variance >0). 

Any help would be greatly appreicated!

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @calmeida734,

Could you post your table structures with some sample/mock data and your expected result, so that we can better assist on this issue? Smiley Happy

Regards

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey, can you please prepare sampledata and make this data available as a pbix file by providing a link to the file on onedrive or dropbox.

Regards

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors