Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

baneworth
Helper II
Helper II

Count and Date Problems for Desktop (specific issue)

Hello All,

I don't have to use PowerBI that often so see me as an beginner.

I will try my best to describe this issue as clear as i can.

Products go from "Build" to "Test" to "Prep" to "Completed" Status.

This steps are signaled by CompleteFlag1, CompleteFlag2 & CompleteFlag3 and those only show 0 & 1 (1 obviously for flag cpompleted)

- as example: Build lasts from Start until CompleteFLag1 switched to 1 & Test lasts from CompleteFlag1 = 1 until CompleteFlag2 = 1, etcetc

CompleteTime1, CompleteTime2 & CompleteTime3 show when the state has been changed (in Date form)

CompleteFlag & Time.jpg

What i have to do now:  Write a DAX that counts Products in Test Status

Products where CompleteFLag1 = 1 & CompleteFLag2 = 0

(as soon as flag2 switches to 1 i dont need to count it anymore since it will leave testbay)

Another Issue: Show me counted Data daily for products

In the table you can see that CompleteTime* shows 1 Date entry (marked by operator in pogramm). 

I need to be able to see Products (counted) which are in the state of Completeflag1 = 1 & completeFlag2 =  on daily basis.

as example: Product A on 3/3 how many in Test, 3/4 how many in Test, Product B ......

If someone could help me out with the Dax for count and the Date issue (continoues counting daily basis for Test Status) that would help me a lot.

I also added the pbix. which will be more helpful than all the explaining i guess.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bayFTVYcDnf7B6zIeHVAfC07dfCqBj_t/view?usp=sharing

Best regards

Mat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @baneworth ,

Because you are missing right parentheses after "Filter" function.

Try below measure :

measure = 
var _index=CALCULATE(MAX('pdlTest'[Index]),FILTER(ALL('pdlTest'),'pdlTest'[CompleteFlag1]=1&&'pdlTest'[CompleteFlag2]=1))
Return
CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('pdlTest'),FILTER(ALL(pdlTest),'pdlTest'[CompleteFlag1]=1&&'pdlTest'[CompleteFlag2]=0&&'pdlTest'[Index]<_index))

Then you will see:

v-kelly-msft_0-1615365970114.png

For the related .pbix file,pls see attached.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
baneworth
Helper II
Helper II

Dear Denis,

Thank you for quick reply and i followed your input.

It is a hard for me to tell you that your recommended solution for count works since i got a problem i guess.

First, i added the dimension table (kept it simple for testing), but it seems there is nothing appropriate to link it to my dataset.

Date Dataset.png

I tried linking it to "CompleteTime1" since this is also where CompleteFlag1 is related to.

But then it only counts the Flag1 & Flag2 condition the time it actually got entered by Technicians and not the other days following until Flag2 also switched from "0" -> "1".

isn't this the big problem here? not being able to link the data table accoridngly to my set?

- i tested with table to see daily count of the products, but they get counted one time only (Completetime1 date)

Best regards

Mat

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hello Mat @baneworth ,

you would get the desired result with the following measure:

Products in Test = 
COUNTROWS(
    CALCULATETABLE(
        pdlTest,
        pdlTest[CompleteFLag1] = 1,
        pdlTest[CompleteFLag2] = 0
    )
)

In order to analyze by date you can just use the measure in a visual with the desired dates.

You should consider using a dimensional date table as it will make your life easier. Check that tutorial for this:

Power Bi for Beginners: How to create a Date Table in Power Bi

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark it as solved and give it a thumbs up 👍?!

Best regards
Denis

Sorry i replied wrong, please see latest reply.

BR

Hi @baneworth ,

First create an index column in table pdTest;

Then create a measure as below:

measure=
var _index=CALCULATE(MAX('pdTest'[Index]),FILTER(ALL('pdTest'),'pdTest'[CompleteFlag2]=1&&'pdTest'[CompleteFlag1]=1)
var _previousindex=MAX('pdTest'[Index])-1
var _previousflag2=CALCULATE(MAX('pdTest'[CompleteFlag2]),FILTER(ALL('pdTest'),'pdTest'[Index]=_previousindex)

Return
If(_previousflag2=0&&MAX('pdTest'[CompleteFlag2])=1,CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('pdTest'),FILTER(ALL('pdTest'),'pdTest'[Index]>_index&&'pdTest'[Index]<=_previousindex

If you still cant work out,pls add an index column then share the .pbix file again.(Remember to remove the confidential information)

Best Regards,
Kelly

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my issue!

I did as instrcuted, but when creating the measure the DAX returns error after "_previousindex"

pbix.file attached

PBIX.file 

It is also the first time for me creating an index table, maybe the issue happened there.

Best regards

Mat

Hi @baneworth ,

Because you are missing right parentheses after "Filter" function.

Try below measure :

measure = 
var _index=CALCULATE(MAX('pdlTest'[Index]),FILTER(ALL('pdlTest'),'pdlTest'[CompleteFlag1]=1&&'pdlTest'[CompleteFlag2]=1))
Return
CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('pdlTest'),FILTER(ALL(pdlTest),'pdlTest'[CompleteFlag1]=1&&'pdlTest'[CompleteFlag2]=0&&'pdlTest'[Index]<_index))

Then you will see:

v-kelly-msft_0-1615365970114.png

For the related .pbix file,pls see attached.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.