Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Skon311
Regular Visitor

Count active days of each developer using Dax.

Hello All ,

I am a beginner in Power BI Desktop. I am trying to build dashboards about developers activity ( LOC ,Churn, Files changed, Files aded ,Files added , Commits, Impact .. ) .

I have generated my own data using Python that lists all commits by each developers and the dates are taken randomly. I would like to create a measure using Dax that counts the number of days within any given time period (Range silder) that an developer was taking any action.

Here is my data table exemple:

Generated_data.png

My Dashbord : 

Dashboard.png

Thanks All. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Skon311 

It looks like your [Date] column is a date/time.  You will need a column that is just the active date, then you can do a count measure like:

Active Days = DISTINCTCOUNT(Git_Data_[Active Date])

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Skon311 

It looks like your [Date] column is a date/time.  You will need a column that is just the active date, then you can do a count measure like:

Active Days = DISTINCTCOUNT(Git_Data_[Active Date])

thank you @jdbuchanan71 for your response. I have already tried it with active days(only Date) but it doesn't work because the measure returns the same value even when I try several date ranges.

@Skon311 

I don't know why that would be.  It's a pretty straight forward calculation.  My example has customer_id but is shouldbe the same for developer.

jdbuchanan71_0-1593365396015.png

jdbuchanan71_1-1593365404893.png

Can you share your .pbix?

think I fixed the problem by defining again the date and the fault is also because of the data which is generated is almost equal for the developers.

Yes of course here is the .pbix : 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au8vNAEE9U3-oGyp_XkYoMqhuLmU?e=aJHEbE 

if it's wrong im here, thanks

Hmm, I am not able to open that file but it sounds like you got it working so no need for me to look at it.

thank's a lot man! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.