Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

doliver29

Count, Where and Join

I am bringing in Objects from Salesforce, for example one object is contacts. I have over 8 mllion contacts in Salesforce and would like to only bring in the contacts that have a ICL Code. I tried using a report but6 it limits me to the 2000. I do not want to Filter after the data has been loaded since the refresh time takes to long.  I am not familar with Power query and unsure how to create the where statement prior to loading the data into the excel sheet. I was hoping someone could help me out

5 REPLIES 5
davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @doliver29

One you load the data into the query window, you can set a filter on a desired column prior to Close & Load.

Is this what you are looking for?

Dave

Hi Dave

No when I apply the filter and then do the dataload it still cycles thru the 8 million records before it displays in the filtered columns query so the refresh takes my users 30 minutes before they can access the report. I want the filter to occur before so when it refreshes it will take only a few minutes.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Debbie, 

From what you're describing it sounds like you need to apply a SQL query prior to loading it into the Power Query, but this only works if the data is in a server that you can access. I'm assuming you are using the Salesforce data connector and going by this link, it appears that there are api restrictions which is why you are experiencing the slow load time on the data. 

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7324208-remove-2000-row-limit-for...

Sorry I can be of any help. 

Thank you I was hoping there was a work around

@doliver29

As mentioned in that idea, this is the limitation from SalesForce Report API. So you ask SalesForce for some help.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.