Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

franciscogsp
Frequent Visitor

Count Values from Table Visualization

Hi, I'm trying to find a solution to a count I need to do, but I'm not succeeding.

I have a Table Visualization in my Model, where it has some columns with fields that come from diferent Power Query tables, and other columns that are measures.

New Project (2).jpg

Delta [k€] and Delta [%] are measures, and in this table, a filter is applied to only show projects above 20% and below -20%.

What I wanted to do was a card that would count how many projects are above 20%, which in this situation will be 5 projects and I'm not getting there.

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Jayee
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @franciscogsp 

Try the below measure

No of projects = Sumx( summarize( Tablename,[contract name], "Projects", If( [Delta]>0.2,1,0)),[Projects])

I am assuming the delta is giving values between 0 to 1 so i added condition is 0.2 which is 20%.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

@franciscogsp 

I am getting the count same as table here the measures i have used

No of Projects < -20% = SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Contract Info','Contract Info'[Project Name],"X",IF([Delta %]<-0.2,1)),[X])
No of Projects > 20% = SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Contract Info','Contract Info'[Project Name],"X",IF([Delta %]>0.2,1)),[X])

Jayee_0-1669253770038.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jayee
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

May be you can provide sample data without sensitive information so that I can able to support you further.

Hi Jayee,

I have replicated this part of the Model for you to understand how it is structured and what Measures are being done.

Here is the download link

Many Thanks

@franciscogsp 

I am getting the count same as table here the measures i have used

No of Projects < -20% = SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Contract Info','Contract Info'[Project Name],"X",IF([Delta %]<-0.2,1)),[X])
No of Projects > 20% = SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Contract Info','Contract Info'[Project Name],"X",IF([Delta %]>0.2,1)),[X])

Jayee_0-1669253770038.png

Ah, In the SAP table, there are more columns, which divide the costs by categories, Ledger Codes, but I did not find it relevant to add in this example. 

Jayee
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @franciscogsp 

Try the below measure

No of projects = Sumx( summarize( Tablename,[contract name], "Projects", If( [Delta]>0.2,1,0)),[Projects])

I am assuming the delta is giving values between 0 to 1 so i added condition is 0.2 which is 20%.

I'm new to Power BI and didn't know that when I put in a view card, to get the sum equal to the table I had, I had to put in exactly the same filters.

After replicating the filters in the filters zone, in the visualization card, with this formula everything worked.

thank you very much

Hi, after trying your formule, I tried putting the measure on a display Card and this was the result:

franciscogsp_0-1669127733380.png

franciscogsp_1-1669128396244.png

And yes, you are taking on Delta's value well

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.