Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

clarkey1988
Helper II
Helper II

Count Row's with Multiple Filters

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

I am trying to do a count of rows if the True Driver Type = 1, and then legheaderdriver 1, Week Number and Year all equal the value currently in the row.

I feel like I'm close, but my current formula I've put in specific filter criteria for.

Count of Single Runs 1 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Trip Detail'),FILTER('Trip Detail','Trip Detail'[True Driver Type]=1),FILTER('Trip Detail','Trip Detail'[LegHeaderDriver1]="MUNJO"),FILTER('Trip Detail','Trip Detail'[Week Number]=4),FILTER('Trip Detail','Trip Detail'[Year]=2021))

I thought it would be something like this, but it doesnt work:

Count of Single Runs 1 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Trip Detail'),FILTER('Trip Detail','Trip Detail'[True Driver Type]=1),FILTER('Trip Detail','Trip Detail'[LegHeaderDriver1]='Trip Detail'[Driver 1 Prefix]),FILTER('Trip Detail','Trip Detail'[Week Number]='Trip Detail'[Week Number]),FILTER('Trip Detail','Trip Detail'[Year]='Trip Detail'[Year]))

Please can someone help. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @clarkey1988 ,

According to my understanding, you want to add a column for calculating the count of rows grouped by four columns(True Driver Type,LegHeaderDriver1,Week Number,Year), right?

You could use the following formula:

Column =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTROWS ( 'Trip Detail' ),
    ALLEXCEPT (
        'Trip Detail',
        'Trip Detail'[True Driver Type],
        'Trip Detail'[LegHeaderDriver1],
        'Trip Detail'[Week Number],
        'Trip Detail'[Year]
    )
)

2.1.6.1.PNG

Here is the pbix file.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @clarkey1988 ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @clarkey1988 ,

According to my understanding, you want to add a column for calculating the count of rows grouped by four columns(True Driver Type,LegHeaderDriver1,Week Number,Year), right?

You could use the following formula:

Column =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTROWS ( 'Trip Detail' ),
    ALLEXCEPT (
        'Trip Detail',
        'Trip Detail'[True Driver Type],
        'Trip Detail'[LegHeaderDriver1],
        'Trip Detail'[Week Number],
        'Trip Detail'[Year]
    )
)

2.1.6.1.PNG

Here is the pbix file.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-eqin-msft ,

I was out of the office last week. That is very close. However, I only want to count the rows if the true driver type value is the number 1.

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

If you have already applied filter/slicers on the page or the visual, then you do not need to specify those again in the measure.  So this simple measure should work

=COUNTROWS('Trip Detail')

If you have not applied filters/slicers on the page or the visual and would like to specify those in the measure instead, then the measure should be

=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Trip Detail'),'Trip Detail'[True Driver Type]=1,'Trip Detail'[LegHeaderDriver1]="MUNJO",'Trip Detail'[Week Number]=4,'Trip Detail'[Year]=2021)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Essentially, I'm trying to replicate the below count ifs

clarkey1988_1-1611977920794.png

Hi Ashish - thank you for your response,

I need this to be in a calculated column. The values typed in such as "Munjo", week number "4" and year "2021" I need to be the values that are actually in the current row. Without me typing them in.

clarkey1988_0-1611976870341.png

Hi,

Try this calculated column formula

=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Trip Detail'),filter('Trip Detail','Trip Detail'[True Driver Type]=earlier('Trip Detail'[True Driver Type]),'Trip Detail'[LegHeaderDriver1]=earlier('Trip Detail'[LegHeaderDriver1]),'Trip Detail'[Week Number]=earlier('Trip Detail'[Week Number]),'Trip Detail'[Year]=earlier('Trip Detail'[Year])))

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.