Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

instdes
Frequent Visitor

Count Row Cells for last 7 Days

I'm trying to output a number by counting how many times a row has a specific string over the past seven days.  The formula continue to output "True" instead of the number I am looking for.

Stuck Last 7 Days = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Open Records'), 'Open Records'[Issues] = "Stuck" ) <= TODAY()-7

Many thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Agas
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I would use something like below if I want to count records last seven days.

Stuck Last 7 Days = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Open Records'), 'Open Records'[Issues] = "Stuck", 'Open Records'[recorddate] >= TODAY()-7)

Or

Stuck Last 7 Days = CALCULATE(COUNT( 'Open Records'[Issues]), 'Open Records'[Issues] = "Stuck", 'Open Records'[recorddate] >= TODAY()-7)

You might have a date value in the dataset, I would use that for compairing with the Today()-7 function for last seven days.

Thanks,

Guven

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Agas
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I would use something like below if I want to count records last seven days.

Stuck Last 7 Days = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Open Records'), 'Open Records'[Issues] = "Stuck", 'Open Records'[recorddate] >= TODAY()-7)

Or

Stuck Last 7 Days = CALCULATE(COUNT( 'Open Records'[Issues]), 'Open Records'[Issues] = "Stuck", 'Open Records'[recorddate] >= TODAY()-7)

You might have a date value in the dataset, I would use that for compairing with the Today()-7 function for last seven days.

Thanks,

Guven

instdes
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @Agas 

I updated my Measure to be:

Stuck Last 7 Days = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Open Records'), 'Open Records'[Issues] = "Stuck", 'Open Records'[Created] >= TODAY()-7)

and unfortunately I am getting this error:

Couldn't load the data for this visual

MdxScript(Model) (6, 204) Calculation error in measure 'Open Recurds'[Stuck Last 7 Days]: DAX comparison operations do not support comparing values of type Text with values of type Date. Consider using the VALUE or FORMAT function to convert on of the values.

Agas
Frequent Visitor

Hi @instdes ,

Please be sure your "Created" column's data type is Date. I assume it is Text.

1 - Go to "Data" tab from the Power BI desktop. (from the left side)

2 - Select the "Created" column and click the "Modelling" . (from the top menu).

3 - Find "Data Type" and make it "Date"

4- Turn back to the "Report" view. 

439478.JPG

Thanks,

Guven

instdes
Frequent Visitor

@Agas 

That was it. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.