Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MuniqueCrespo
Helper I
Helper I

Count New Customers based on 1st time revenue was generated

Hi, 

I have a formula that counts new customers based on the 1st time they show up on the revenue report. Although, I wanted to make an adjustment to this logic to only count the "new customers" once they produce revenue instead for the first time.

There are times that a new customer's id is listed for the first time on the revenue reports, but with the total amount "$0". So I don't want to determine these customers as new just yet.
I wanted the logic to count as " new customers" when ID has revenue >.1 for the first time.  or when existing customers start producing revenue >.1 after 12 months without any revenue. 

I have this but again it counts new customers when ID appears on the revenue report for the first time. since they sometimes show up on the revenue the first time with revenue $0, this logic is not helping me. 

thanks a lot

New Customers = 
VAR
    Customers = VALUES('dContact List'[Access Number])
RETURN
CALCULATE([Total Revenue],
    Filter(
        Customers,
        Calculate (COUNTROWS( 'RevenueF19-F23'),
            FILTER(ALLSELECTED(dCalendar[Calendar Date]),dCalendar[Calendar Date]< MIN (dCalendar[Calendar Date])))=0))

3 REPLIES 3
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Try these measures

Date of first interaction = calculate(min(Data[Date]),datesbetween(dCalendar[Calendar Date],minx(all(dcalendar),dCalendar[Calendar Date]),max(dCalendar[Calendar Date])))

New customers = countrows(filter(VALUES('dContact List'[Access Number]),[date of first interaction]>=min(dCalendar[Calendar Date])&&[Total revenue]>0))

Ensure that to your table visual, you have ragged Year and Month name from the dCalendar table.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

hello @amitchandak

your article was helpful, but there were still few logics I wasnt able to adjust include additional criteria related to my scenario. 

here is what I am trying to do
Screenshot 2022-06-28 174313.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.