Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chanleakna123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Count Name with Certain Date

HI All, my table looks like this. i have no idea how to visualize the certain date with the trainer and course name. I tried it , and it counts all of the name in the same date in a row. What i want is to count only that 1 trainer's name with Certain Date on day 20. therefore , when i do visulization , it will count How many time trainer train the most during this month . 

for ex : Mr. Yun Min Chia Trained on 20 Mar for 1 time. and Yun virakrith train on 24 and 25 for 2 times. 

Your input is really much appreciated. 

1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chanleakna123,

I can't understand your requirement very well. Comparing this paragraph

"What i want is to count only that 1 trainer's name with Certain Date on day 20. therefore , when i do visulization , it will count How many time trainer train the most during this month .

for ex : Mr. Yun Min Chia Trained on 20 Mar for 1 time. and Yun virakrith train on 24 and 25 for 2 times. "

with screenshot, there are records for day 20 only in month March and the Trainer "Yon Virakrith" has one course on 2/27/2018. So can you clarify the bold section above? 

Please show some sample data and clarify corresponding desired results. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft sorry ,   i stated the wrong name . 

Yes Mr. Yon Virakrith only 1 time on 27/02/2017 and Yun Min Chia train on 20 is 1 time being a trainer.  

So the visualization should be , on 20 of Mr. Vankatesh is 1time  and on 27 of Mr. Yun Virakrith is also 1 time for being a trainers and Mr. VenKatesh on 22 23 24 25 is 4 times of being trainers 
But what i'm seeing on my report is count all of his name on only date : for ex , On 20 , Mr. Yun Min Cha trainer for 9times. 

Mr. Yon Virakrith is 1 time ( Correct ) , Mr. Vankatesh , trainers for 2 times on 25 , 24 for 3 times .... 

So i don't want my report to count him on the same date like this , must be count only the certain date with 1 , for Ex : Mr. Vankatesh is a trainer on 25th Counted 1 , is a trainer on 24th Counted 1 , Trainers on 23rd Count 1 .... 

Hi @Chanleakna123,

You can create a measure:

Measure 2 = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Trainer]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[Date]=MAX('Table'[Date])))

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.