Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Daniel_B
Helper II
Helper II

Count Individual Occurrences in a single column

Hi All

Another very new person to Power BI and probably a question you've all heard in many different ways but still needing the same result but here I go (don't hate me too much)

I've added my data (Excel Table) to my Power BI interface and wanted to get a breakdown by month of the no. of 5 star ratings I have in the data

The column is called "Recommend Score" and the reviewers can score anything from 0 to 5 

I tried to create a new measure but I'm not familiar enough with the expressions to get the results and just ended up with an error with my new measure as I'm pretty sure I entered the wrong table name (the answer I used didn't say whether Table was part of the expression or whether you replace table with your table name... also, I am not sure where to find my table name)

I'm sure someone knows the answer to my very n00b like question and any help and links to other useful, very simple tutorials would be really great

It's hard to ask the question of Google when you don't know what you're supposed to ask

Thanks

Daniel_B

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just throw to the visualization the fields you already have.

You can put the field of stars into a table visualization and put any other column to count the lines (change on the pane in that column to count) or you can do a mesure to put on a card that goes like calculate(count([anytablecolumn]),stars=5).

Let me know if i understood what you needed.

Best Regards,

Duarte Raminhos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to be sure, can you show (a fragment of) the table, and the desired output?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.