Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Thundercat
Regular Visitor

Count Filtered by DatesBetween

Hello!

Very new to this, not a great deal of DAX experience but some basic java/c#!

Im trying to analyse delivery on time data, i can see the % of on time deliveries (for all of time) with this formula

Average Year = COUNT (Delivery[Delivered on Time])/(COUNT (Delivery[1-3 Days Late])+COUNT(Delivery[4-7 Days Late])+COUNT(Delivery[8-14 Days Late])+COUNT(Delivery[15-30 Days Late])+COUNT(Delivery[30+ Days Late]) +COUNT(Delivery[Delivered on Time]))

I would like to do it for a month, or three months, so i tried this horrible formula

Average Month = (IF(DATESBETWEEN('Delivery'[1.Date Sent],10/2016,11/2016),COUNT(Delivery[Delivered on Time]),0)/
(IF(DATESBETWEEN('Delivery'[1.Date Sent],10/2016,11/2016),COUNT (Delivery[1-3 Days Late]),0)+
(IF(DATESBETWEEN('Delivery'[1.Date Sent],10/2016,11/2016),COUNT (Delivery[1-3 Days Late]),0)+
(IF(DATESBETWEEN('Delivery'[1.Date Sent],10/2016,11/2016),COUNT(Delivery[4-7 Days Late]),0)+
(IF(DATESBETWEEN('Delivery'[1.Date Sent],10/2016,11/2016),COUNT(Delivery[8-14 Days Late]),0)+
(IF(DATESBETWEEN('Delivery'[1.Date Sent],10/2016,11/2016),COUNT(Delivery[15-30 Days Late]),0)+
(IF(DATESBETWEEN('Delivery'[1.Date Sent],10/2016,11/2016),COUNT(Delivery[30+ Days Late]),0) +
(IF(DATESBETWEEN('Delivery'[1.Date Sent],10/2016,11/2016),COUNT(Delivery[Delivered on Time]),0))

Is it just me or do some DAX functions not wok in Power Bi?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After trawling the web for a few hours i found the solution on this very site:

Get how many days late-

Days Late = SWITCH(
TRUE(),
'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[Date Sent]<'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[SO Delivery Date],-1*DATEDIFF('Delivery_list_With_Parts'[Date Sent],'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[SO Delivery Date],DAY),
'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[Date Sent]>'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[SO Delivery Date], DATEDIFF('Delivery_list_With_Parts'[SO Delivery Date], 'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[Date Sent],DAY),
0)

Organise into coloumbs

On Time = IF(AND(Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]>-1,Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]<1),1,0)

1-3 Days Late = IF(AND(Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]>0,Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]<3),1,0)

4-7 Days Late = IF(AND(Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]>3,Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]<8),1,0)

Measure % of on time deliveries 

Deliveries On Time = (SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[On Time])+
SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[Somehow Early])) /
(SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[1-3 Days Late])+
SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[4-7 Days Late])+
SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[8-14 Days Late])+
SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[15-30 Days Late])+
SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[30+ Days Late]))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DAX is a very powerful language.  The Power Pivot engine uses a 2 step approach.  First filter the data and then complete a formula evaluation.  From what I can see (it is not actually clear) you may be relying on step 2 without properly leveraging step 1.  The only way to tell is if you can share your raw data design.  Can you explain that?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

After trawling the web for a few hours i found the solution on this very site:

Get how many days late-

Days Late = SWITCH(
TRUE(),
'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[Date Sent]<'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[SO Delivery Date],-1*DATEDIFF('Delivery_list_With_Parts'[Date Sent],'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[SO Delivery Date],DAY),
'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[Date Sent]>'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[SO Delivery Date], DATEDIFF('Delivery_list_With_Parts'[SO Delivery Date], 'Delivery_list_With_Parts'[Date Sent],DAY),
0)

Organise into coloumbs

On Time = IF(AND(Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]>-1,Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]<1),1,0)

1-3 Days Late = IF(AND(Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]>0,Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]<3),1,0)

4-7 Days Late = IF(AND(Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]>3,Delivery_list_With_Parts[Days Late]<8),1,0)

Measure % of on time deliveries 

Deliveries On Time = (SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[On Time])+
SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[Somehow Early])) /
(SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[1-3 Days Late])+
SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[4-7 Days Late])+
SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[8-14 Days Late])+
SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[15-30 Days Late])+
SUM (Delivery_list_With_Parts[30+ Days Late]))

Hi @Thundercat,

Glad to hear that you have solved the issue, you can accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members could easily find the solution when they get same issues.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.