Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count Distinct Orders Raised Per Month Help

Hi,

I am new to Power BI so would really apprechiate some help with this question as it will help me progress my dashboard.

I have a table called JOBS that has 3 fields im interested in JOB NUMBER, JOB_RAISED_DATE and SK_JOB_RAISED_DATE.

I am wanting to create a measure to Count how many distinct/unique JOB_NUMBERs have been raised within a MONTH.

I have an active relationship between my JOBS table and a CALENDAR table. The active relationship is CALENDER[DateAsInterger] and JOBS[SK_JOB_RAISED_DATE]. The relationship is 1 to Many.

Any help would be apprechiated as once i can solve this i can apply the same measure to calculate other montly measures

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Problem @Anonymous. Glad I could help.

Please mark my reply as a solution to help others members of the community find answers that work. 😊

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Assuming there is nothing odd with your data here, like duplicate Job Numbers, your measure should be reasonably straignt forward:

JobCount = COUNTX(Jobs, Jobs[Job_Number])

You can then use this alongside your Calendar[Date] field to summarise by Year/Quarter/Month/Day.

Cheers,

Andy

Job_Cal_Tables.PNG

SelectedFields.PNG

RawDataSample.PNG

MonthSummary.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous that makes sense now and works as i expected it.

You many see some more help requests if the future as i familiarise myself with Power BI

Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

No Problem @Anonymous. Glad I could help.

Please mark my reply as a solution to help others members of the community find answers that work. 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.